Thursday, May 18, 2006

God's Doppler

Silly Me.

I’ve been checking the WeatherChannel.com and our local forecasts all week to see what kind of weather we are going to have for our Spring Fishing Trip.

Seems like I’ve been looking in the wrong places. I guess I should have been talking to the Rev. Pat “Doppler2000”Robertson. The Reverend and part-time meteorologist says God has told him that storms and possibly a tsunami will hit America's coastline this year.

The founder of the Christian Broadcasting Network has told viewers of "The 700 Club" that the revelations came to him during his annual personal prayer retreat in January.

"If I heard the Lord right about 2006, the coasts of America will be lashed by storms," Robertson said May 8.

Robertson also said to expect Snow this winter and there will a chance of rain today for the Tigers game, so don’t forget your raincoats.

Now, my final predictions for this weekend’s fishing trip. God didn’t tell me these. He’s got more important things to worry about right now, so I didn’t bother Him.

#3 With the Live-well now working on the pontoon boat, it can’t be used because Joe catches a large Walleye that proceeds to eat any fish dropped in the well.

#2 Hal claims to have a large albino Pike on his line, only to discover it's actually a pair of Roberts' underwear.

….And the #1 reason why you should not miss this weekend’s fishing trip: Alex will learn to LOVE Kesslers by the end of the trip.

No comments: